- Getting Started
- Administration Guide
- An Introduction to Wyn Enterprise
- Document Portal for End Users
- Data Governance and Modeling
- Working with Resources
- Working with Reports
- Working with Dashboards
- View and Manage Documents
- Understanding Wyn Analytical Expressions
- Section 508 Compliance
- Developer Guide
Wyn Enterprise provides an intuitive report designer with an easy-to-use interface, letting users with no prior reporting experience design highly engaging and interactive reports. The report designer gives users the ability to create a new report or edit an existing report, without writing any code. The designed reports can then be exported to any format or printed from the preview window.
The main interface elements that comprise a Wyn Report Designer are a Toolbox, Menu bar, Properties and Data panels, and a Design area as shown.
Report Toolbox: Contains report explorer, group editor, and report controls that assist in designing reports.
- Report Explorer: Provides an overview on hierarchy of added report items. It displays the current selection and allows selecting other report items.
- Group Editor: Shows Column and Row hierarchies of Tablix members for currently selected Tablix or Table data region.
- Report Controls: Includes all the available controls for designing a report, such as textbox, container, line, shape, table of content, image, list, table, chart, barcode, etc.
Use the Menu button to expand or collapse the report toolbox in the designer.
Menu Bar: Contains options to undo or redo an action, save a report, preview a report, format a report, and design a custom parameter panel.
- Undo: Undo an action in the designer.
- Redo: Redo an action in the designer.
- Save: Save a report in the designer.
- Preview: Preview a report in the designer.
- Home: Consists of commonly used report editing and text formatting operations such as cut, copy, paste, font, font size, font color, and horizontal and vertical text alignments. Note that these operations are specific to a report control.
- Report: Contains options to add, delete, or move pages (in Page Report), add or remove header and footer (RDL report), and change report themes.
- Parameters: Contains the design area for designing a custom parameter panel. The controls making the panel have default properties set like name, label, default value, etc.
Properties and Data Panels: Access and modify the properties of a report or manage data connection using these panels.
- Properties: Displays the properties of the selected report control in the design area. If more than one control is selected, the panel displays their common properties.
- Data: Contains options to add datasets, parameters, and common values.
- Data sets: Displays the datasets available for designing a report. See Data Binding topic for more information.
- Parameters: Allows you to add and modify report parameters.
- Common Values: Displays common values such as current date and time, page number, total pages, page N of M, report name, user ID, and user language, to use in your reports.
Design Area: Create and edit reports by simply dragging and dropping the report controls from the toolbox into the design area.
Other Settings: Set zoom percentage, switch between advanced or basic property mode, specify grid settings, and more.
- Grid: Show or hide grid lines in the design area.
- Snap: Enable or disable report controls to snap to grids and guides when you drag them into the design area. You can also specify the size of the grid lines.
- Zoom: Set the zoom percentage of the design area by clicking the zoom-in and zoom-out buttons.
- Grid Unit: Switch to the measurement unit for the grid lines to 'centimeters'. By default, the grid unit is set to 'inches'.
- Properties Mode: Switch to advanced or basic properties mode. By default, basic properties mode is selected.