Wyn Enterprise User Guide
- An Introduction to Wyn Enterprise
- Document Portal for End Users
- Using Report Designer
- Create Static Report
- Create Tabular Report
- Create Parameterized Report
- Create Master-Detail Report
- Create Pivot Report
- Create Report with Chart
- Styles and Themes
- Expression Editor
- Report Templates
- Working with Dashboards
- Dashboard Designer
- Selecting a Dataset
- Data Attributes
- Dashboard Scenarios
- Charts and KPIs
- Calc Charts
- Containers and Components
- Dashboard Appearance
- Preview Dashboard
- Export Dashboard
- Data Analysis and Interactivity
- View and Manage Dashboards
- Governing Data and Resources
- Create Data Source
- Data Source Connections
- Create Dataset
- Create Semantic Model
- Secure Data Management
- Create Floor Plan
- Upload Resources
- Using Dashboard Designer
- Section 508 Compliance
Wyn Enterprise: Simple Pivot Report
A simple Pivot report contains a Tablix data region. This report uses the default row and column groups to display data.
What You Will Learn
This tutorial guides you through the steps to create a simple Pivot report using Tablix data region.
- Create Report Layout
- Bind Data to Tablix Data Region
- Add Labels to Tablix Data Region
- Manage Data
- Add Report Title
- Customize the Appearance of the Pivot Report
- Preview and Save Report
Note: This tutorial uses sample data set - CustomerOrders.
After you complete this tutorial, you will have a report that looks similar to the following.
Drag and drop Tablix data region onto the design area of the report.
The Tablix Wizard assists in designing the Tablix. You can bind the data, and use some quick layout options to help you set styles, organize data, and add totals for the data values.
Let us now populate the Tablix data region with data. We want the titles to be displayed along the rows, different media types along the columns, and the total price corresponding to these.
- On the Tablix Wizard, click the drop down next to the CustomerOrders data set to view fields in the added data set.
- Drag and drop the Title field onto the Rows area (row group) which forms the Tablix row group.
- Drag and drop the MediaType field on the Columns area (column group) which forms the Tablix column group.
- Similarly, drag and drop the Price field onto the Values area, which is the body of the tablix.
Note that the Price field changes to the aggregate price, with following expression:
- Click OK.
The Tablix data region should now look as shown:
Let us add a static row to display labels (static text) for the column group,
- Right-click the column group area to view the options in the context menu.
- Go to Row and select Outside Group - Above.
Now the tablix in the design area looks as shown.
To merge the cells in the tablix corner area (top left),
- Select the cells in the tablix corner area using mouse drag or simply using Ctrl+Click combination.
- Right-click the selected cells to view the options in the context menu, go to Cells, and select Merge Cells.
To provide labels to the columns,
- Enter text 'Prices by Media Type'.
- Select the text box above the MediaType column group and enter the text 'Media Type'.
Now the tablix has column labels as shown.
In Tablix data region, you need to manage how a grouped data is rendered across the rows and columns. This is done by using Group Expressions as explained below.
- From the Explorer , select the Tablix data region.
- Click the Group Editor icon to display row groups and column groups.
To display the titles once for every row group:
- Select Tablix1_Title1 row group and go to the Properties pane.
- In the Group Expressions property, click Show Items and then select Add Item. You will see an item is already added for the Title field.
To display the media types once for every column group:
- Select Tablix1__MediaType1 column group and go to the Properties pane.
- In the Group Expressions property, click Show Items and then select Add Item. You will see an item is already added for the MediaType field.
- Go to the Report tab on top of the designer and select Add Header option.
- Drag and drop a TextBox control in the page header area.
- Click inside the text box and enter the text 'Customer Orders Price List'.
Note: You may need to resize and reposition the controls on the report to accommodate data, and for a cleaner look.
- Set the BACKGROUND - Color property for the page header and header row of the table to #f1f1f1.
- Customize the text alignment for the textboxes in the Tablix data region and the title of the report using the TEXT - Text Align (Left, Right, Center, and Justify.) and TEXT - Vertical Text Align (Top, Middle, or Bottom) properties. By default, these properties are set to General and Top.
- Set the font size for the text in the page header to 14pt using the TEXT - Font Size property.
- Change the TEXT - Format property for the Price field to 'Currency'. This property displays the price values in currency format.
- Click Preview to view your report in the final output.
- Exit the preview mode by clicking Back on the top left side of the designer.
- Click Save to open the Save dialog box. Enter the report name and click Save Report.