Wyn Enterprise User Guide
- An Introduction to Wyn Enterprise
- Document Portal for End Users
- Using Report Designer
- Create Static Report
- Create Tabular Report
- Create Parameterized Report
- Create Master-Detail Report
- Create Pivot Report
- Create Report with Chart
- Styles and Themes
- Expression Editor
- Report Templates
- Working with Dashboards
- Dashboard Designer
- Selecting a Dataset
- Data Attributes
- Dashboard Scenarios
- Charts and KPIs
- Calc Charts
- Containers and Components
- Dashboard Appearance
- Preview Dashboard
- Export Dashboard
- Data Analysis and Interactivity
- View and Manage Dashboards
- Governing Data and Resources
- Create Data Source
- Data Source Connections
- Create Dataset
- Create Semantic Model
- Secure Data Management
- Create Floor Plan
- Upload Resources
- Using Dashboard Designer
- Section 508 Compliance
Wyn Enterprise: Drill Down Report
The drill-down feature helps in temporarily hiding a part of your report. That hidden part can be controls, groups, columns or rows. When you open a drill-down report, part of the data is hidden so that you can only see high-level data until you request for more detail. In such reports you find an expand icon (plus-sign image) next to the toggle item in the report. Clicking the toggle image, or plus sign, expands hidden content into view and the expand icon changes to a collapse icon (minus-sign). When you click the minus-sign image, it hides the content and returns the report to its previous state.
To create a drill-down report, use the Visibility properties of controls, groups, columns, or rows. Simply set the Visibility - Hidden property to True and set the toggle item to the name of another item in the report, usually a text box in the group or a text box as column label containing the hidden item. At run time, this puts a plus sign next to the toggle item which the user can click to display the hidden data.
What You Will Learn
This tutorial guides you through the steps to create a drill down report in Wyn Enterprise Report Designer.
Note: You need to create Simple Pivot Report before performing following steps.
After you complete this tutorial, you will have a report that looks similar to the following.
Consider that you do not want the price details of each media in the first view, but want to drill down to individual prices later. For this, you can toggle the MediaType column group from another text box inside the Tablix data region as follows.
Note that Advanced Properties Mode should be enabled to view Toggle Item property.
- From the Explorer , select the Tablix data region.
- From the left pane of the designer, click the Group Editor icon to display row groups and column groups.
- Select Tablix1_MediaType_Group column group.
- From the Properties pane, set the Visibility - Toggle Item property to the text box containing the label Media Type, let say Textbox6.
- Set the Visibility - Hidden to True.
- Click Preview to view your report in the final output.
- Click the (-) sign to expand the price details for each media type. Click (+) sign to again see the aggregate price for all media types.
- Exit the preview mode by clicking Back on the left side of the designer.
- Switch to the File tab and click Save to open the Save dialog box. Enter the report name and click Save Report. You can also provide a description and a revision comment for the report.