Wyn Enterprise User Guide
- An Introduction to Wyn Enterprise
- Document Portal for End Users
- Using Report Designer
- Create Static Report
- Create Tabular Report
- Create Parameterized Report
- Create Master-Detail Report
- Create Pivot Report
- Create Report with Chart
- Styles and Themes
- Expression Editor
- Report Templates
- Working with Dashboards
- Dashboard Designer
- Selecting a Dataset
- Data Attributes
- Dashboard Scenarios
- Charts and KPIs
- Calc Charts
- Containers and Components
- Dashboard Appearance
- Preview Dashboard
- Export Dashboard
- Data Analysis and Interactivity
- View and Manage Dashboards
- Governing Data and Resources
- Create Data Source
- Data Source Connections
- Create Dataset
- Create Semantic Model
- Secure Data Management
- Create Floor Plan
- Upload Resources
- Using Dashboard Designer
- Section 508 Compliance
Wyn Enterprise: Create Tabular Report
In tabular reports, the data is organized along the rows and columns of a Table data region. The data in the form of fields and entities are fetched from the data set added to the report.
What You Will Learn
This tutorial guides you through the steps to create a tabular report in Wyn Enterprise Report Designer.
- Create Databound Table
- Sort Table Data
- Add Page Header
- Customize the Appearance of the Tabular Report
- Preview and Save Report
Note: This tutorial uses sample CustomerOrders data set.
After you complete this tutorial, you will have a report that looks similar to the following.
To create a databound table,
- Go to the Data tab and click the drop-down next to the CustomerOrders data set. You can now see all the available fields in the data set.
- Enable Select Fields... and then choose the desired fields required in the table.
Drag-drop the selected fields onto the design area. A table with its column bound to the fields is created. You can see the Header row and Details row of the table are automatically filled with the data.
Alternatively, you can first drag-drop the Table data region onto the design area of the report and then populate the data by dragging and dropping the fields onto the details row.
Re-arrange the columns in the table as shown in the following image.
Note: The Data Set Name property of the table is automatically set to CustomerOrders.
You can sort the table data of any field in ascending or descending order. Let us sort our table data by Price field in descending order.
- From the adorner on the right side of the table, select <Details Group> and go to the Sort Expressions property.
- Click Show Items and then select Add Item.
- Click the radio button to display the fields and select the Price field to sort the table by price.
Note: You can also enter a sort expression in the Expression Editor: Data - Sort Expressions dialog by selecting Expression...
- By default, fields are sorted in ascending order. You can change the sort order to descending by clicking the descending icon.
- Go to the Report tab on top of the designer and select Add Header option.
- Drag and drop a TextBox control in the page header area.
- Click inside the text box and enter the text 'Customer Orders Report'.
Note: You may need to resize and reposition the controls on the report to accommodate data, and for a cleaner look.
- Set the BACKGROUND - Color property for the page header and header row of the table to '#f1f1f1'.
- Align the text in the textboxes using the TEXT - Text Align (Left, Right, Center, and Justify.) and TEXT - Vertical Text Align (Top, Middle, or Bottom) properties. By default, these properties are set to General and Top.
- Set the font size for the text in the page header to '14pt' using the TEXT - Font Size property.
- Specify the border properties for the textboxes in the table using the BORDER - Width, Border - Style, and BORDER - Color properties. Set the border values to '0.25pt', 'Solid', and '#f1f1f1', respectively.
- Change the TEXT - Format property for the Price field to 'Currency'. This property displays the price values in currency format.
- Click Preview to view the final output of your report.
- Exit the preview mode by clicking Back on the left side of the designer.
- Click Save to open the Save dialog box. Enter the report name and click Save Report.