Wyn Enterprise User Guide
- An Introduction to Wyn Enterprise
- Document Portal for End Users
- Using Report Designer
- Create Static Report
- Create Tabular Report
- Create Parameterized Report
- Create Master-Detail Report
- Create Pivot Report
- Create Report with Chart
- Styles and Themes
- Expression Editor
- Report Templates
- Working with Dashboards
- Dashboard Designer
- Selecting a Dataset
- Data Attributes
- Dashboard Scenarios
- Charts and KPIs
- Calc Charts
- Containers and Components
- Dashboard Appearance
- Preview Dashboard
- Export Dashboard
- Data Analysis and Interactivity
- View and Manage Dashboards
- Governing Data and Resources
- Create Data Source
- Data Source Connections
- Create Dataset
- Create Semantic Model
- Secure Data Management
- Create Floor Plan
- Upload Resources
- Using Dashboard Designer
- Section 508 Compliance
Wyn Enterprise: Excel Data Provider
To create an Excel data source in Wyn Enterprise, follow these steps.
On the Resource Portal, navigate to Create (+) > Create Data Source.
Select Excel in the data source list on the left or in the icon view on the right.
Fill in the database configuration information for the selected data source.
|Name||The name for the data source that you want to specify.|
|SourceType||Select from the list that displays two types - Local or Web.|
|Data Source||If the source type is Local, click Select File to select the local source file. If the source type is Web, enter the source address.|
|Request Method||Select a request method - GET or POST.|
|Authentication Method||If the source type is Web, you need to set the authentication mode. You can choose from None, Basic and OAuth2.If the AuthMode is Basic, you need to set the user name and password.If the AuthMode is OAuth2, you need to set TokenEndpoint, ClientID, ClientSecret, UserName, Password, and Scope.|
|File Password||If the Excel file is encrypted, enter the Excel password.|
|Use First Row as Header||If this option is checked, the content of the first row in the file will be used as the column header; if this option is not checked, the default column name is Excel default column name: A, B, C...|
|Load Hidden Sheets||If this option is enabled, a hidden table will be loaded.|
|Convert empty cell to DBNull||If this option is enabled, empty cells are converted to Null. If this option is disabled, empty cells are handled as follows:- The column type is String, the default value is: "";- The column type is DateTime, and the default value is: 0001-01-01T00:00:00 ;- The column type is Number, and the default value is 0..|
Click Next. You will be asked to select or rename sheets of the excel file.
Select and rename sheets as necessary and click Next.
At this step, you can switch tables to view data, modify column names, and adjust column data format. The following operations are available:
- Click the table name at the top to switch data tables, similar to switching between different sheets in an Excel file.
- Click the down arrow to modify the data format of the current column.
- Hover the mouse to the right of the column name to display the edit icon that you can click to edit the column name.
- Hover the mouse to the middle of the column name to display the column width adjustment symbol, and you can adjust the preview column width by dragging.
Click Create after the connection is successful.
After the successful creation, you can view the added data source in the Categories tab of the Resource Portal.