Wyn Enterprise Administration Guide
- Installation and Deployments
- Installing on WindowsOS
- Installing on Linux
- Installing using Docker
- Deploying with a Reverse Proxy
- Deploying with HTTPS
- Configuring an Integration Security Token and Using DirectURL
- Logging on to the Administrator Portal
- Ports in Firewall
- Configuration Settings
- Security Management
- System Management
Wyn Enterprise: Roles
Wyn Enterprise employs role-based security which means that the permissions are assigned to roles, rather than to individual users. Roles give specific rights to users to perform certain actions or access certain areas. A user must be included in a role group to have the proper set of permissions. If you need to grant the permissions of a report or a model to the entire department, you can modify the role permissions without having to set it for everyone individually.
An administrator with the role administrator has the highest set of privileges. The admin can add a role and assign members and permissions to the role from Role page in the Account section.
Add a Role
Navigate to Account > Roles.
Click the Add Role button.
Enter the name of Role in Add Role pane.
- Click Save to save the role.
Add Members to the Role
Select the role to which you want to add members, and then click Select Members button.
Select the check-boxes corresponding to the members you want to add.
- Click Save to add selected members to the role.
Assign Permissions to the Role
Select the role to which you want to provide permissions and then select Permissions tab.
Select the check-boxes corresponding to the Permissions you want to add. For example,
- If you want to allow the role to create dashboards, select Create Dashboard check box.
- If you want to allow the role to schedule reports and dashboards, select Schedule Report/Dashboard check box.
Click Save to assign selected permissions to the role.
Delete a Role
- Click delete icon next to the role you want to delete.
In the Delete Role dialog box, click Ok button to permanently delete the Role from Admin Portal.
Note : The deleted role is automatically removed from all the users who are assigned that role.