- Getting Started
- An Introduction to Wyn Enterprise
- Installation and Deployments
- Installing on WindowsOS
- Installing on Linux
- Installing using Docker
- Deploying with a Reverse Proxy
- Deploying with HTTPS
- Configuring an Integration Security Token and Using DirectURL
- Logging on to the Administrator Portal
- Ports in Firewall
- Configuration Settings
- Security Management
- System Management
- Document Management
Wyn Enterprise: Create Dataset
A dataset fetches data from the data source to display in a report. While creating a dataset, you need to establish a relationship between the data in two tables that determines how the data appears in the result set.
Union operation between tables combines data as:
|Union||Removes any duplicate rows.|
|Union All||Retains the duplicate rows.|
Join operation between tables combines data as:
|Inner Join||Matches rows from Table1 with rows in Table2, and allows the user to retrieve records that show a relationship in both the tables. Inner join produces a set of data that matches both Table1 and Table2.|
|Left Join||Allows users to select rows that match from both the left and right tables, plus all the rows from the left table (table 1). This means only those rows from table2 that intersect with table1, appear in the result set.|
|Right Join||Allows users to select rows that match from the both the left and right tables, plus all the rows from right table (table 2). This means that only those rows from table 1 that intersect with table 2, appear in the result set.|
To create a dataset in Wyn Enterprise - Resource Portal, follow these steps.
- On the Resource Portal, navigate to Create (+) > Create Dataset.
- From the dialog, select the dataset type based on the dataset you want to create for report or dashboard. On selecting For Report or For Dashboard, corresponding Dataset Designer opens.
- Select the data source, say AutoInsuranceData from the available data sources and click OK. You see the tree view of the selected data source and the data tables and fields contained in the data source.
- Drop a Table (Sheet1) on Relationships. You can view the data in the added table by selecting Preview. You can add single or multiple tables from the data source.
Let us add another table (Sheet2). While you are dropping the second table, define set the relationship to either Union or Join. In our case, let the relation be Join. You see a join condition is already defined. You can modify the condition as required. Note that condition field type should be correct.
Let us keep the default join condition, which is Inner Join: CSAT of sheet 1 matches CSAT of Sheet2.
- Preview the final data set by selecting Preview.
- Go to Fields tab. Here, you can modify the field format, unselect an Output, or add descriptions for the fields. Also, you can add Sql Expression, Calculated, or Category fields.
- Click Preview.
- Fill-in the filter details in the Filters tab- Source(table) as Sheet1, Field as Region, Operator as 'Equals to', Value Type as Parameter. Note that Value field is disabled since we have not yet added the Parameter.
Let us add a parameter that will be later specified in the Value field.
- Fill-in the details to add a dataset parameter. The added parameters can be multivalue. You can choose following as Parameter types:
- User Input - select the data type.
- User Context - choose from the user context (claims) in the Value field and select the data type. This parameter is applicable to the specified tenant.
- Organization Context - choose from the organization schema added by admin, in the Value field, and select the data type. This parameter is applicable to the specified group of users.
In our case, select the User Input as Parameter Type and String as Data Type.
Go back to the Filters tab and set the added parameter in the Value field.
Enter the parameter value in the Set Preview Parameter dialog, say Urban, and click OK.
Finally, click Save, enter the name of the dataset, specify the category and enter a comment, and click Save to save the dataset.
You can view the added dataset in the Categories tab of the Resource Portal.