- Getting Started
- An Introduction to Wyn Enterprise
- Installation and Deployments
- Installing on WindowsOS
- Installing on Linux
- Installing using Docker
- Deploying with a Reverse Proxy
- Deploying with HTTPS
- Configuring an Integration Security Token and Using DirectURL
- Logging on to the Administrator Portal
- Ports in Firewall
- Configuration Settings
- Security Management
- System Management
- Document Management
Wyn Enterprise: Create Report
Let us create a report in Wyn Enterprise and learn some basic concepts:
Create Report Layout
- On the Document Portal, go to Create (+) > Create Report.
- Select a template of the report. You can choose a Blank RDL Report, a Blank Page Report, or any other report as template from Categories.
The templates are uploaded by administrator. The available templates and their description is as follows.
|Blank RDL Report||For reports which grow based on the data from the data sources.|
|Blank Page Report||For reports which require pixel-perfect layouts independent of data sizes.|
|Invoice Style Report||Contains logo, customer details, and tabular sales data with sub-totals.|
|Letters||Contains logo, customer details, and two column tabular data.|
|Rx Style||Doctor's Prescription style report with watermark layer for screen viewing.|
|Pivot Style Report||Uses Pivot Tables to show dynamic columns and aggregated data for quick analysis.|
|Chart with Table Report||Uses Chart and tabular data regions to show data relations as well as accurate numbers.|
|Organization Branded Report||Contains a Page Header and Page Footer with Company Logo, Report Name, Execution Time, and Page Numbers.|
|Mailing Labels||Contains mailing labels with customer name, address, and city.|
|Financial Composite Chart Report||Displays financial data using chart and textboxes.|
- Click Create Report.
- Drag and drop Table data region onto the design area of the report. By default, you have a table with three rows and three columns.
- To add more columns to the table, click inside the table to display the column handle, and then click the plus sign.
Similarly, add another column to create a table with three rows and five columns.
Bind Data to Table Data Region
From the Data Binding tab on the right, select Retail dataset, which is already available to us, and click Add.
This opens the Edit Dataset dialog with a default query.
Click Validate and then OK. To view fields in the data set, click the drop-down next to the Retail dataset.
- To fill the table with data, drag and drop the fields onto the columns of the details row as shown. The Header row above the details row is automatically filled with labels.
Preview and Save
Click Preview to view the final output of your report.
Exit the preview mode by clicking Back on the left side of the designer.
- Click Save to open the Save dialog box. Enter the report name and click Save Report.
Let us sort the table data region in alphabetical order of retailer country.
- From the adorner on the right side of the table, select Details Group and go to the Sort Expressions property.
- Click Show Items and then select Add Item.
- Click the radio button to display the fields and select the 'Retailer Country' field. By default, the sort order is ascending. You can change the sort order to decending by clicking the decending icon.
- Preview the report.
Data in table or tablix data regions can be merged using AutoMergeMode property. The property provides three options - Never, Always, and Restricted. The detail cells with same data values and with AutoMergeMode property set to:
- Never: are not merged.
- Always: are merged.
- Restricted: are merged only if the corresponding cells in previous columns are similarly merged.
Let us merge the detail cells for similar products for the corresponding similar retailer country.
- Select the Product textbox in the Details Group row.
- Go to the Properties pane and set AutoMergeMode property to Restricted. This merges the cells in the Product column with similar products, provided the country is same.
- Similarly, select Retailer Country textbox in the Details Group row and set its AutoMergeMode property to Always.
- Preview the report.
Let us apply grouping to the table to view the details year-wise. We will use the table with sorting applied on the Retailer Country.
- From the Explorer, select the Table data region. From the adorner on the right side of the Table data region, select Table1_TableGroup1 row group, and go to the Properties pane.
- In the Group Expressions property, click Show Items and then select Add Item.
- Click the radio button to display the fields and select the Year field.
Let us add a parameter that prompts the user to select multiple values. The selected parameters will act as filter for data displayed in table.
To add a report parameter that filters the data according to the order method,
- From the top right corner of Designer, click the Data icon.
- Click Add next to Parameters. A parameter named Parameter1 is added.
- Click Parameter1 to edit parameter properties.
- Set Data Type property to String.
- Set Multivalue property to True.
- Go to From query tab and set the Data Set Name property to the added data set, Value Field property to Order Method, and Label Field property to Order Method.
The multivalue parameter is now added.
To add filter that renders data according to the user input in the parameter (Parameter1),
- Select the table and go to Properties pane.
- In the Filters property, click Show Items, and then select Add Item.
- Click to display the filter properties.
- Click the radio button next to Filter Expression to display the fields and select Order Method.
- Click the drop down next to Operator and select 'In'.
- Click the radio button next to Filter Values and enter the expression
The filter on table data region is now added.
- Preview the report.
The following image displays the report with order methods (parameters) selected as Telephone, Web, and Email.