Wyn Enterprise offers a series of in-house custom visualizations, built by our team, for public availability. Dashboard authors can use these custom visualizations as a fresh new way to bring their data to life.
The Gantt chart is the newest data visualization in our custom collection. A Gantt chart is a bar chart that provides a visual view of tasks scheduled over a period of time. Gantt charts are most commonly used in project management and are among the most popular and practical ways of showing activities (tasks or events) displayed against time.
On a Gantt chart, you can easily see the following at a glance:
On the left of the chart (Y-axis) is a list of the projects and tasks/activities and along the top (X-axis) is a suitable time scale. Each task/activity is represented by a bar; the position and length of the bar reflect the start date, duration, and end date of the task/activity.
Here's a quick demo exploring Gantt Chart custom visualizations. We'll show you how to implement them in a Wyn dashboard.
1. Download the Gantt chart visualization from our GitHub repository.
2. Upload the Gantt Chart.viz file on Wyn server through the Resource Portal.
3. Create a new dashboard and drag and drop the Gantt chart visualization from the Custom Visualizations tab.
4. Bind data to the Gantt chart using fields from the Dataset as below:
Important note - The format of the Start Time and End Time fields must be set to 'Exact Date' to show the data.
The structure of the Datasource used is as follows:
5. Once the data is bound, you can make changes to the Gantt chart's appearance from the Inspector panel (color palette, background, etc.).
6. Preview the dashboard.
Provide your team with a unified, enterprise-level, self-service data analysis and decision support platform. Wyn Enterprise is a web-based BI and data analytics platform that provides greater insight into your data.
Wyn's easy-to-use designers allow non-technical business users to build interactive dashboards with drill-down and cross-filter functionality quickly.